We like the mind-expanding experiences that travel can provide. Some trips we particularly enjoyed:
- Our first international travel--a driving trip to Mexico City with Mom & Dad in 1971.
Around the world in 1972 with the Ecumenical Institute. See pix
- Back to Mexico City by train with our kids in 1975. See pix.
- A tour of Northern West Germany in 1987 with the parents of our German exchange Student (see pix.) followed by a Bicycle Tour in Germany & Holland in 1987 (see pix).
- A week on a narrow boat in England (pix here)
followed by a week in Scotland (pix here) in 2006.
Bremen, Berlin and East Germany with our friends, the Kochs (pix here) in 2007.
- Taking Amtrak across the US and back (pix here)
- Riding our new scooters to Michigan and back in 2008.
- Riding our scooters around Lake Erie in 2009 (pix here).
- Visiting Peru and Maccu Pichu in 2010. (see
- Italy & Malta in 2011. (see pix ).